- Ζώνη Ώρας
- GMT -04:00
- Τηλ. Κωδικός
- 001 617
- US Dollar (USD)
Κλείστε φθηνά αεροπορικά εισιτήρια για Boston. Ταξίδι για διακοπές ή για εργασία. Για όποιον λόγο και να ταξιδεύετε το Travelkiki βρίσκει για εσάς αεροπορικά εισητήρια για Boston εύκολα και γρήγορα. Οργανώστε το ταξίδι σας και αφήστε το Travelkiki να σας κλείσει τα πιο φθηνά αεροπορικά εισιτήρια για Boston!
The “Athens of America”, you’ll hear people call it and it’s Boston, capital of Massachusetts. Small in size, though of huge historic value, Boston’s contribution in America’s history is undeniable. Search for cheap air tickets to Boston and you’ll come across a city with rich heritage, a culture and freedom hub with a beautiful skyline and quality all over the place. Boston has never forgotten the old days’ glory; one can feel the sense of grandness everywhere, from the internationally famous universities to the city’s countless museums and from the alternative music scenes to the cutting-edge galleries found around every corner. Plan ahead to find cheap hotels in Boston and make this amazing trip happen!
Boston is the capital of Massachusetts and has a population of 626,000. It’s one of the USA’s oldest cities, dating back to 1630, when it was founded by the English puritans as New England.
But the moment to remember would come later, during the American Revolutionary War; everyone commemorates the time when the Declaration of Independence was made from the Old State House’s balcony.
Always ahead of its time, Boston still stands out from any other US capital, shaking the very ground of the conservative states of America.
Boston’s universities attract teachers, scientists, philosophers and ambitious students, representatives from all over the world.
Add to all this the extreme love for art, culture and music – reflected on the countless museums, galleries, music scenes and film festivals – and you get the picture; Boston is a fascinating destination, as genuinely interesting as fun and exciting.
Boston’s airport (Logan International Airport) is located in the East Boston area and can be reached by bus, sea-taxis and ferries, trains and metro.
Getting around Boston
You can get around Boston by metro (4 lines), buses (Silver Line and urban buses) and railway. Fares start at 2.00 USD and minimum taxi fare costs 2.60 USD.
The Freedom Trail is a 5-kilometre trail within the city limits that includes 16 locations of great historical importance to Boston, especially as far as the American Revolution is concerned. You can hire a guide or go on by yourself, with the help of the map provided for free to all visitors.
The Freedom Trail begins at the Boston Common Park and stretches up until the Bunker Hill; you cannot lose your way if you stick to the red lining on the ground.
Some of the attractions you must see are the following:
- The Old State House, which is the oldest building in Boston and a major landmark of the city. This is where the American Declaration of Independence was made for the first time in Boston, back in 1776.
- The Park Street Church, dating back to 1810, the Old North Church dating back to 1723 and Boston’s first cemetery, the King’s Chapel Burying Ground, where you’ll find the tombs of many historic figures.
- The USS Constitution, widely known as the “Old Ironsides”, the wooden-hulled warship of the American Navy that’s been immortalised as the oldest commissioned warship afloat, counting from 1797 on.
- The Boston Common Park itself, holding the title of USA’s oldest public park, ideal for an afternoon of relaxation. You can take the boat for a cruise on the Frog Pond, play tennis and baseball or simply enjoy some peaceful moments during your stay in Boston.
If you wish to see one of Boston’s major cultural sights, continue to Cambridge and Harvard Square, where the world-renowned Harvard University is located. If you’re lucky enough, maybe you’ll catch a famous writer doing a reading at one of the quaint bookstores surrounding the legendary university!
Greece is a member of the Visa Waiver Program; Greek citizens can enter the USA without a tourist Visa. All you need to do is to:
- apply for authorisation at the Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA)
- pay a small fee of 14$
- prove that you’re travelling for business, pleasure or transit
- have a valid passport
- have a return or onward ticket
- intend to enter the United States for 90 days
When to Go
You can visit Boston all-year-round, although certainly autumn and late spring would be the ideal seasons to enjoy a pleasant weather without the overwhelming crowds.