- Ζώνη Ώρας
- GMT + 2:00 (GMT + 3:00)
- Τηλ. Κωδικός
- 0030 22750
- Euro (EUR)
Κλείστε φθηνά αεροπορικά εισιτήρια για Ikaria. Ταξίδι για διακοπές ή για εργασία. Για όποιον λόγο και να ταξιδεύετε το Travelkiki βρίσκει για εσάς αεροπορικά εισητήρια για Ikaria εύκολα και γρήγορα. Οργανώστε το ταξίδι σας και αφήστε το Travelkiki να σας κλείσει τα πιο φθηνά αεροπορικά εισιτήρια για Ikaria!
Ikaria, a Greek island unlike any other you may have visited! If you’ve booked your cheap air tickets to Ikaria, you are about to see for yourself that, in Ikaria, time passes at a different pace than in the rest of Greece – and the world. Like being in a parallel universe, Ikaria captivates visitors and leaves them forever in love with the island. Ikaria fills you with a sense of freedom of body, mind and spirit. With striking contrasts in the natural landscape, Ikaria features wonderful naturalist paths for you to cross and magical beaches – it is, after all, the home of the Greek Seychelles! Book your flights now, organise your accommodation in one of the numerous cheap hotels in Ikaria and live the ultimate holidays in Greece, filled with genuine moments of relaxation and enjoyment; a part of you will remain in the island, dancing the Icarian dance to eternity!
Ikaria is a Greek island linked to a great deal of myths and legends; and we’re not just talking about the classic tale of Icarus that’s very popular in the Greek mythology. A veil of mythical atmosphere covers the island of Ikaria and is said to transfer anyone visiting into a state of utter relaxation and complete peace of mind.
Ikaria is named after Icarus, son of Daedalus, who, escaping from the Minoan labyrinth, flew too close to the sun, his waxen wings melted away and he fell into the Icarian Sea.
Ikaria is one of those destinations that will either captivate your heart forever or leave you indifferent and in search of a more cosmopolitan choice. With breath-taking backdrops, exotic beaches and dreamy landscapes, Ikaria will satisfy the nature-lovers and adventure-seekers.
They say that Ikaria has found the secret to, if not immortality, longevity! The somewhat slower than usual pace of the locals is widely popular; just visit the Christos Raches village and you’ll get the sense!
The airport of Ikaria (Κρατικός Αερολιμένας Ικαρίας) is located 12 kilometres from Agios Kirikos and can be reached by the public bus network.
Getting around Ikaria
You can get around Ikaria by bus and taxi. Bus and taxi fares depend on the route.
Agios Kirikos is the capital of Ikaria and one of the island’s two ports. Laid amphitheatrically on a cliff, Agios Kirikos is a compact city, best known for its traditional architecture, comprising of small blue and red-coloured houses and neoclassical buildings.
The port is guarded by the Icarus Monument and an imposing metal statue depicting the wings of Icarus.
Walk to the inner city and you’ll come across two interesting museums:
- The Folklore Museum of Agios Kirikos, dedicated to the local culture, tradition and lifestyle
- The Archaeological Museum of Ikaria, housed in a renovated neoclassical school and boasting fascinating archaeological exhibitions with items collected by many regions of the island
Here are some highlights of the rest of the island:
- Eudilos is Ikaria’s second port and, as Agios Kirikos, it features beautiful traditional architecture. Nearby, you can find a number of beaches with crystal clear waters and mesmerising views.
- Armenistis sits at the central part of the island and is probably the most touristic spot too, very popular among campers. Once you get there, head to the bay of Nas and go for a swim at the famous Nas beach. Later on, pay a visit to the ruins of Tauropolion, an ancient temple dedicated to Artemis Tauropolos.
- A few kilometres to the east, Gialiskari is an idyllic fishing village, where you are likely to have the most delicious meal with fresh fish of your life!
- Located in the central region of the island, Christos Raches confirm all the theories that want Ikaria to be engulfed by a.. time-altering dimension! Here, you can wake up at 17:00 and eat breakfast, find an open bank at 20:00 and go shopping at 22:00!
The beaches of Ikaria Island are numerous and diverse, satisfying every possible taste. Sandy or pebbly, quiet or more crowded, ideal for surfers or family-friendly, the beaches of Nas, Mesakti, Gialiskari, Onifi and Fanari are some of the best – with the Seychelles beach ranking among the top beaches in Greece!
Heading north, the landscape becomes wilder, with rugged rocks and beaches not so easily accessible – but of equal beauty.
Ikaria is also popular for its natural health spas! A wide range of natural thermal springs await you at the area around Agios Kirikos and at the Therma village, named after them.
You cannot leave Ikaria without experiencing at least one of the traditional feasts organised throughout the summer. Extremely popular among the young population, more than 50 feasts are being held annually from May to October. Be prepared to eat, drink and learn how to dance the Icarian dance like a pro!
The official language of Ikaria Island is Greek.