- Ζώνη Ώρας
- GMT 02:00
- Τηλ. Κωδικός
- 00385 1
- Croatian Kuna (HRK)
Κλείστε φθηνά αεροπορικά εισιτήρια για Zagreb. Ταξίδι για διακοπές ή για εργασία. Για όποιον λόγο και να ταξιδεύετε το Travelkiki βρίσκει για εσάς αεροπορικά εισητήρια για Zagreb εύκολα και γρήγορα. Οργανώστε το ταξίδι σας και αφήστε το Travelkiki να σας κλείσει τα πιο φθηνά αεροπορικά εισιτήρια για Zagreb!
What happens when Eastern and Western Europe join powers? Well, Zagreb of course! If you wish to see a different, fascinating travel destination, you should think about searching for cheap air tickets to Zagreb, the proud capital of Croatia. This is where the country’s contemporary heart beats, hub of creativity, development and innovation. Medieval towers, cultural events and festivals, markets and nightlife, Zagreb has so much to offer to its visitors. Either you’re travelling alone, with friends or family, just book your tickets and accommodation in Zagreb and this stunning city, with its open-minded and extremely friendly locals, will forever hold a place in your heart!
Zagreb is the capital of Croatia and, with a population of around 800,000, is the economic, political and cultural centre of the country.
Croatia became an EU member on the 1st of July, 2013!Lately Zagreb is going through an extraordinary development and is now one of the top European travel destinations, owing its fame to the vast variety of sights and experiences it has to offer. Visitors in Zagreb will see beautiful medieval architecture, eat in modern restaurants, admire beautiful masterpieces by famous international artists and attend fashionable events, concerts and festivals.
Zagreb’s all about art, culture and entertainment – why miss it?
Zagreb’s international airport (Ζračna luka Zagreb) is located 10 kilometres from the city centre and can be reached by the airport buses.
Getting around Zagreb
You can get around Zagreb by bus and tram. Fares start at 6.50HRK and minimum taxi fare is around 15.00HRK.
Zagreb is divided into two districts, the Upper Town (Gornji Grad) and the Lower Town (Donji Grad).
Upper Town of Zagreb
Beautiful and picturesque Upper Town is the perfect place to start your exploration.
- Start from the famous Zagreb Cathedral (Cathedral of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary), with its two spires dominating the skyline – it’s the city’s tallest building!
- Go up the romantic Lotrscak Tower and listen to the Grič Cannon being fired every noon.
- See St Mark’s Church, built in 1200, a beautiful romantic-gothic church with a distinguishing coloured roof that bears the coats of arms of Croatia, Dalmatia, Slavonia and Zagreb.
The south gate to the medieval part Upper Town is called the Stone Gate and it sure has something magical to it. According to legends, this is the place where an allegedly miraculous icon of the Virgin Mary survived a fire.
Lower Town of Zagreb
In Lower Town you’ll see the fun face of Zagreb, watch interesting plays, visit museums and art galleries, enjoy a walk in the park, do some shopping, eat and drink at the best places in town! Highlights include:
- The Mimara Museum houses a great collection of 3,500 works of art by international artists like Renoir, Rembrandt and Manet, sculptures and archaeological collections from ancient Rome, Egypt, Mesopotamia, Greece and medieval Greece
- Croatia’s neo-baroque national theatre dates back to 1895 and hosts theatre, opera and ballet performances
- Zagreb’s Archaeological and Ethnographic Museums, with more than 500,000 items, artefacts and monuments of Croatia
- Zagreb’s Botanical Gardens, for an enjoyable walk and – why not – a picnic!